The brain is among the most complex and sophisticated organs in the human body. It’s part of the nervous system which consists of billions of nerves that convey signals to various parts of the body, and the spinal cord. Along with the nervous system, your brain controls all functions of your body, including your senses and muscles. In simpler terms, your brain is the body’s control center.
However, if you have a brain disorder, a lot of body functions can be affected, including your memory, sensation and sometimes even your personality. Usually, diseases of the brain are caused by:
- Trauma injury
What types of brain disorders require brain treatment in Dubai?
Generally, there is a broad category of brain disorders that vary significantly in severity and symptoms. Some of these conditions include:
- Brain injuries
Brain injuries are usually caused by direct trauma that potentially causes damage to the brain tissue, nerves, and neurons. In general, this trauma affects your brain’s ability to communicate with the rest of your body. Examples of these injuries include:
- Blood clots
- Bruising of brain tissue
- Cerebral edema (swelling inside the skull)
- Brain tumors
Often, cancers from elsewhere in the body spread to the brain and cause brain tumors, also known as metastatic or secondary brain tumors. Primary brain tumors start in the brain itself and the symptoms usually depend on the size and the area affected.
- Neurodegenerative diseases
Neurodegenerative diseases cause your nerves and brain to deteriorate with time. These diseases can affect basically all functions of the body including movements, sensory, personality and others. Examples of these diseases include:
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- Mental disorders
These are mental illnesses or conditions that affect behavioral patterns. Some of these mental disorders include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other brain disorders that require brain treatment include:
- Brain abscess
- Cerebral edema
- Brain aneurysm
- Epilepsy and Seizure disorders
Brain treatment in Dubai
Generally, brain disorders can be diagnosed by a neurological specialist. The German Neuroscience Center (GNC) is the leading neurological clinic providing comprehensive healthcare for brain treatment in Dubai. Our specialists are internationally recognized neurosurgeons, brain surgeons, and spinal surgeons. At GNC, we offer a range of healthcare services, diagnosis, and treatment for disorders affecting the brain. Some of the diagnosis procedures we offer include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG): EEGs involve examining brain activities using electrodes to diagnose epilepsy, among other brain injuries.
- Dementia screening: Dementia screening is used to detect the early onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Stroke risk analysis: This procedure involves the use of ultrasound and risk calculation to examine blood vessels as well as blood flow to perform a stroke risk calculation. The results from this procedure are used to determine the possibility of a stroke within a specific time.
- Ultrasonography tests: This is a non-invasive procedure that examines blood vessels and blood circulation. We offer three types, which are:
- Extracranial Doppler (ECD)
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Duplex sonography
- Evoked Potentials: This procedure is used to examine the electrical activity of your brain in response to light, sound, touch, and sight simulation. Typically, this procedure is used to diagnose disorders affecting your senses.
- Electronystagmography (ENG): ENGs examine the involuntary movements triggered by nystagmus as well as vertigo, balance dysfunction, and dizziness.
Contact us today for more information, diagnosis, or treatment for brain disorders.