Join our informal peer to peer Headache and Migraine support Group, held by Fiona, one of our migraine patients of the German Neuroscience Center. The intent is to offer a safe, non-judgmental and sensitive environment for you to share your experiences, to feel understood and to receive and give support.
Headache and Migraine are the most common neurological conditions in the UAE.
Headache disorders are not only extremely painful but also harming the daily life quality tremendously. Headaches are the 3rd most disabling disease worldwide, according to the WHO (World Health Organization). Headache disorders are among the most common disorders of the nervous system and they can affect anyone regardless of age, race, and gender. Sadly “Worldwide, a minority of people with headache disorders are diagnosed appropriately by a health-care provider. Headache has been underestimated, under-recognized and under-treated throughout the world.” (WHO)
What’s the benefit of a support group?
Besides the professional psychological treatment, people benefit from a support group in many ways:
• Find people with similar problems who understand your situation
• Find friends and a network of support, getting out of isolation
• Gain practical advices from people with experience (who is the best doctor for your disease, experience with medication or other treatments, life style adjustments etc.)
• Gain knowledge about the condition
• Gain power to control the disease better
• Gain coping skills
• Thus improving the disease itself
When and where can I find a support group?
Date: Every first Monday of a month
Important: Please let us know if you want to attend. To arrange the venue we need to know how many people are coming. Call us on 04 4298 578
How much does it cost?
Our support groups are free of charge. This is a possibility for our clinic to give back to the community. All expenses are covered by us.
I am not sure…
Understandable. To speak in front of other people about private issues is not easy. But why you don’t try it just once?